University City, MO (KTRS) – A woman and two children pulled from a house fire on Roth Ave. in University City Wednesday night, have died from their injuries.
University City Fire Chief Adam Long said the fire appeared to be caused by a space heater. Investigators have identified the victims as 78-year-old Mamie Williams and siblings, 6-year-old Kaliyah and 4-year-old Trevion Dunger.
The children were pronounced dead at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. The woman died at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
The children’s mother was not at the home when the fire broke out.
Chief Long said the house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived at about 10 o’clock Wednesday night.
Three other people in the home were able to escape.