Cordell Whitlock’s Mom’s Mac n Cheese
- Use baking pan suitable for macaroni and cheese and coat generously with butter.
- Follow directions to prepare 1 box of macaroni noodles and put them in the dish.
- Add 4 8 oz sticks of Cracker Barrel Natural Sharp White Cheddar (or whatever brand you choose). Cheese can be grated or cut into small pieces.
- Add 3 whole eggs and 3 sticks of butter cut into small pieces. Add salt to taste. Mix all ingredients thoroughly (this is crucial) within the baking pan using your hands or a utensil of your choice.
- After mixing is complete add whole milk until it reaches just below the top of the pan. Take a fork to make sure the milk penetrates the entire mix.
- Add enough grated cheddar cheese to cover the top and then sprinkle paprika generously. Bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. The top will turn a golden brown. Let it cool at least 15 minutes before serving