KTRS) – This historic storm continues in St. Louis: Here’s a quick update on the effects.
- The storm is being blamed for the deaths of 12 people across Missouri and southern Illinois.
- We have seen the wettest day on record in December in St. Louis and 2015 is the record-holder for wettest year on record.
- Governor Jay Nixon and the county executives from St. Louis and St. Charles have all declared states of emergency.
- MoDOT has closed more than 170 roads across the state due to flooding. The most recent major closure is beginning at this hour: Highway 67 near Alton, Illinois. Southbound lanes, starting at the Clark Bridge through Route 94 will be closed until further notice. Northbound lanes will remain open.
- In Illinois both directions of Interstate 70 from mile marker 36-41 is closed and traffic is being diverted onto Highway 40.
- A flash flood warning remains in effect for the listening area until this afternoon.