Have you a sex problem? Please visit our site:fesmag.com/medic
Homeless advocate Reverend Larry Rice wants to help St. Louis County build a shelter for homeless women and children.
Rice announced Tuesday that his New Life Evangelistic Center was gifted with two vacant lots in the 3900 block of Lada. That's near Natural Bridge and North Hanley just outside of Bel-Ridge. Rice says he'll give them to St. Louis County for a shelter.
Rice says it's time for County Executive Charlie Dooley to make good on his promise to help the county's homeless. "We have to do something immediately," he said. "Unbelievable pressure is being put on us with so many, many, people who are coming to us downtown."
Rice says he plans to present his proposal at the County Council meeting next week.
A spokesperson said county leaders will certainly listen.
St. Louis County Police say a bomb scare that forced the evacuation of about 30 Spanish Lake residents Tuesday afternoon was a false alarm.
It began about 4:30 p.m. at a home in the 1400 block of Twillman Avenue.
Investigators say family members had been going through the belongings of an elderly man who'd recently died when they came upon a box marked 1954. The relatives had already found blasting caps nearby and they initially thought the pipes and other materials in the box were old explosives. So they called police.
The County's Bomb and Arson Squad was called in and an area of about 300 yards around the home was evacuated.
The elderly gentleman had been a pilot and it turned out the box contained old aircraft parts and not explosives.
A St. Louis man is among the dead after an EF5 tornado hit Moore, Oklahoma last week. The twister killed 24 people and among them, St. Louis native Leslie Johnson.
Johnson's ex-wife and three children live in south St. Louis. His family says Johnson had gone to Oklahoma two months ago to search for work.
Johnson had taken refuge in a closet when the storm hit and was killed when the building he was in was flattened.
A funeral home in Oklahoma City donated the cremation services, but his family needs help paying for a funeral. Donations can be made at the following website.
CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) - An Oregon teen accused of planning an assault on his high school wrote detailed plans to "shoot and throw bombs throughout the school."
Court documents released Tuesday include an excerpt of the plans police say they found after receiving a tip that 17-year-old Grant Acord planned to attack his high school in Albany. The writings were found along with two pipe bombs, two Molotov cocktails and at least two Drano bombs in a secret compartment beneath the floor in Acord's bedroom.
According to the documents, Acord wrote of plans to begin his assault by lighting and throwing a napalm bomb, unzipping his bag and shooting.
Acord appeared in court Tuesday and did not enter a plea. A judge set bail at $2 million.