PITTSBURGH (AP) - School officials say three people were shot in or near a Pittsburgh high school, and police are searching for a gunman.
Pittsburgh school district spokeswoman Ebony Pugh says three students were shot outside Brashear High School on Wednesday afternoon as they walked to a vehicle they'd all taken to school earlier in the day.
She says their injuries appear to be non-life-threatening. Two were grazed in the head and one was shot in both the foot and arm.
Pugh says the victims were not on school property but close by. It's not clear who shot them.
RICHMOND, Calif. (AP) — More than 90 tons of ready-to-eat salads and sandwiches by a California catering company are being recalled after 26 people in three states were sickened by a bacterial strain of E. coli linked to its products, federal health officials said Sunday.
Richmond-based Glass Onion Catering are recalling approximately 181,620 pounds of salads and sandwich wraps containing cooked chicken and ham, the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service said.
The products were produced between Sept. 23 and Nov. 6, and were shipped to distribution centers in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Texas. The Contra Costa Times reports the company supplies food to Trader Joe's, Super Fresh Goods and Delish.
The FSIS said it began monitoring a cluster of illnesses involving E. coli O157:H7 on Oct. 29 and then was notified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration that California authorities had reported people sickened from eating pre-packaged salads with grilled chicken.
In Washington, three people who were sickened with the bacterium told investigators they ate ready-to-eat salads from Trader Joe's, said Tim Church, a spokesman with the state's Department of Health.
The FSIS says the bacteria can cause dehydration, bloody diarrhea and abdominal cramps two to eight days after being exposed to it. While most people recover within a week, some develop kidney failure.
The Food and Drug Administration has a full list of products being recalled on its website at: www.fda.gov/Food/RecallsOutbreaksEmergencies/Recalls/default.htm
Here’s a full listing the products involved in the recall:
• 12 oz. packages of “delish pan pacific chop salad”
• 13.4 oz. packages of “delish California style grilled chicken salad”
• 9.9 oz. packages of “delish uncured applewood smoked ham & cheese wrap”
• 10.5 oz. packages of “delish grilled chicken caesar wrap”
• 10.9 oz. packages of “delish southwestern chicken wrap”
• 11.5 oz. packages of “delish greek brand low-calorie grilled chicken wrap”
• 9.9 oz. packages of “delish white chicken club wrap”
• 11.2 oz. packages of “delish asian style chicken wrap”
• 13.4 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Southwestern Style White Chicken Wrap with Chimichurri Sauce”
• 10.5 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Asian Style White Chicken Wrap with Mango Vinaigrette”
• 9.9 oz. packages of “atherstone Fine Foods Grilled White Chicken Caesar Wrap with Caesar Dressing”
• 10.7 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods California Grilled Chicken Salad, Low Fat Mendocino Mustard Dressing”
• 10.7 oz. packages of “Lunch Spot Southwestern Style Chicken Wrap, Chile & Lime Dressing”
• 9.2 oz. packages of “super fresh Foods Pan Pacific Chopped Chicken Salad, Ginger Soy Dressing”
• 10.7 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOE’S Field Fresh Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken.”
• 11 oz. plastic containers of “TRADER JOSÉ’S MEXICALI SALAD with Chili Lime Chicken.”
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Across the nation Americans will honor the sacrifices and service of armed forces veterans with parades, wreath-laying ceremonies, monument dedications and other events. Here are some of the activities scheduled for Monday:
President Barack Obama planned to attend a ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery.
Obama said in his Veterans Day proclamation that the country's obligations to those who have served "endure long after the battle ends." He said their courage, self-sacrifice and devotion represent the American character at its best and he encouraged everyone to honor every service member who has ever worn the country's uniforms.
The District of Columbia will honor two of the original Tuskegee Airmen with the Congressional Gold Medal for Veterans Day.
Washington Mayor Vincent Gray and congressional delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton will lay a wreath at the African American Civil War Memorial. A commemoration will follow for two Tuskegee Airmen who are D.C. residents at the African American Civil War Museum.
The U.S. military's first female four-star general will be a grand marshal at New York City's Veterans Day Parade.
Gen. Ann E. Dunwoody retired last year after a 37-year Army career.
Organizers of the parade up Fifth Avenue have renamed it America's Parade.
The commemoration will include a wreath-laying ceremony at the Eternal Light Monument in Madison Square Park.
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake will join a march and speak at the annual Veterans Day ceremony at the War Memorial.
Other Maryland events include Harley-Davidson enthusiasts gathering in Gaithersburg for their annual ride to Arlington National Cemetery to honor veterans; a parade in Leonardtown hosted by St. Mary's County; and a ceremony for veterans in Rockville, led by the city council and mayor.
A former prisoner of war will join Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin to dedicate a wall commemorating Vietnam veterans.
Fallin and Col. Lee Ellis will give speeches Monday at the dedication of the Vietnam Memorial Wall at Enid's Woodring Regional Airport. Ellis was a former Vietnam prisoner of war for more than five years with Sen. John McCain.
The wall is a smaller replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington.
Associated Press bureaus in New York, Oklahoma City, and Washington, D.C. contributed to this report.