Have you a sex problem? Please visit our site:fesmag.com/medic
Tuesday, 17 December 2013 10:49 Published in Local News
A startling admission from the EPA concerning radioactive waste at the Westlake Landfill.
At a meeting Monday night EPA officials admitted that they have found new radioactive waste outside of the existing fence line. The fence was erected to keep workers away from the buried waste.
Harvey Ferdman, policy advisor to Representative Bill Otto joined McGraw Tuesday morning. Ferdman says the EPA had new information about the waste coming in contact with groundwater, "The said and I wrote this down, they are now seeing it in more places than before. And that's a very big admission from the EPA to say that. They've been in the past saying, that it appeared not to be moving around."
The Westlake landfill is adjacent to the Bridgeton Landfill that is the site of an underground fire that has been smoldering for years.
Video: Policy Analyst Harvey Ferdman: EPA Says Radioactive Waste has Reached Groundwater
Tuesday, 17 December 2013 09:48 Published in Local News
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The American Civil Liberties Union is suing a small southeast Missouri town after police allegedly threatened to arrest a homeless couple for holding a sign asking for help.
The ACLU filed suit Monday on behalf of the homeless couple, Edward Gillespie and Brandalyn Orchard. The suit filed in U.S. District Court in Cape Girardeau names the city of Miner and two unidentified police officers.
The lawsuit claims that in late September, Gillespie and Orchard were holding a sign that read, "Traveling. Anything helps. God bless." A Miner officer told them to leave.
The ACLU says the officer later showed copies of city ordinances related to vagrancy, begging and loitering. A second officer arrived and the couple was told to leave town or face arrest.
A Miner police spokesman declined comment.
Tuesday, 17 December 2013 09:47 Published in Local News
URBANA, Ill. (AP) - No injuries were reported after a suspected natural gas explosion in an unoccupied building on the University of Illinois campus.
The Champaign News-Gazette reports Tuesday morning's fire in Urbana was reported around 6 a.m.
The building was once a doctor's office and the former University Faculty Assistance Building.
Urbana Fire Chief Brian Nightlinger told the newspaper that authorities believe a natural gas leak sparked the explosion and subsequent fire that shot flames into the sky.
He says investigators will plan to disassemble the rest of the building to reach debris that's burning inside.