Police investigating a truck at the scene of a double shooting in north St. Louis.
Fox 2 reports that a man and a woman have been shot near the intersection of Kingshighway and San Francisco. Officers are searching a silver pick-up truck in a Meineke parking lot.
Charges are filed against a teen connected to Wednesday's shooting of a Vashon High School senior.
17-year-old Lamarco Love is accused in the shooting. Police say that a group of teenagers were walking to school, when they were approached by Love and two others. An argument followed and when the first group of kids started to walk away, Love allegedly shot at them. A 17-year-old was hit in the back, and he is now in stable condition.
Police do not believe incident was gang related, but the result of a feud between the two groups.
CHICAGO (AP) - A judge denied bail for four men charged in connection with a shooting at a Chicago park that injured a 3-year-old boy and 12 others.
All four appeared before a Cook County judge Tuesday wearing street clothes.
Authorities say last Thursday's attack on the city's southwest side was gang related and in retaliation for another shooting that occurred earlier in the day, injuring one of the defendants.
Tabari Young, Bryon Champ, Brad Jett and Kewane Gatewood are all charged with attempted murder and aggravated battery. Prosecutors say the four are members of the Blackstone street gang. The park where they opened fire was inside territory frequented by members of the Gangster Disciples.
Investigators say Young and Champ were alleged gunmen.
Police say they don't believe they were targeting specific people
THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Lawyers for Kenya's deputy president sought an urgent adjournment Sunday in his trial at the International Criminal Court so he can return home to help deal with the fallout from the deadly shopping mall attack in Nairobi.
The motion underscores the difficulties for Deputy President William Ruto in attending the trial in The Hague while trying to help run his country.
Ruto's lead attorney, Karim Khan, said the court is expected to debate his request early Monday morning.
"Mr. Ruto, as the serving deputy president of Kenya, is required to return to Kenya to discharge his ordinary constitutional duties which include participating in security briefings and consultations and involvement in other ongoing and very sensitive national security investigations," Khan's motion said.
Ruto, whose trial started earlier this month in The Hague, has pleaded not guilty to charges of orchestrating violence in the aftermath of Kenya's 2007 elections. He is the first such high-ranking elected government leader to go on trial at the International Criminal Court.
Saturday's mall attack by Islamic extremists left dozens of people dead and Kenyan troops in in standoff with the assailants. Somalia's al-Qaida-linked rebel group, al-Shabab, claimed responsibility for the attack and said it was retribution for Kenyan forces' 2011 push into Somalia and threatened more attacks.
Before Ruto's trial started, judges had agreed to a defense request to allow the deputy president to remain in Kenya for parts of his case. However prosecutors appealed the decision, and Ruto is currently obliged to attend all sittings in The Hague until there is a ruling on that appeal.
Khan said the situation unfolding in Nairobi "shows the wisdom of the trial chamber's original decision and how regrettable it was the prosecution took such a rigid view" of the necessity for Ruto to attend all hearings.
"There are 40 million people in Kenya, and they have a constitutional right to have the people they want govern over them," Khan said.
The situation could become further exacerbated later this year when Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta is due to go on trial for his alleged role in 2007-2008 postelection violence that left more than 1,000 people dead.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Within hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI was tracing the gunman's recent purchase of a shotgun, sending agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it — and leaving the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives out of the loop.
The surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
The ATF is the federal agency in charge of tracing traces guns used in crimes, including the military-style semi-automatic rifle used in a rampage at a Connecticut school last year, a similar rifle used in the deadly shooting at a Colorado movie theater and a handgun used to kill six people and critically wound a congresswoman, among others, outside a grocery store in Tucson, Ariz.
WARRENTON, Mo. (AP) — An eastern Missouri man has been charged with robbing a bank and shooting a trooper while fleeing.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 64-year-old Warren Gladders of Wentzville was charged Saturday in Warren County with first-degree assault against a law enforcement officer, armed criminal action, robbery in the first degree and possession of an illegal firearm.
Bail has been set at $500,000. It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
Gladders is accused of robbing the First Bank of Dutzow on Friday morning. Afterward, a witness provided a description of the getaway car. When Gladders was stopped, a shootout ensued near the St. Charles County town of New Mell.
Gladders was shot in both legs, and a bullet lodged in the bullet-proof vest of a trooper.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol says a trooper was saved by his bulletproof vest during a shootout.
The incident started after a suspect walked into a First Bank in Marthasville. The suspect took an undisclosed amount of money and sped away from the scene. A State Trooper was in the area and chased the suspect onto a nearby highway. The suspect stopped his vehicle and started shooting at the officer. He was hit in the chest, but was able to shoot back and hit the suspect in the leg.
The trooper was taken to the hospital and is expected to be okay.
The suspect is receiving treatment at St. John's Mercy Medical Center.
St. Louis Police say they have arrested the people responsible for a series of robberies and shootings earlier this week.
Officers say a 32-year-old man and 28-year-old woman are responsible for three robberies on Monday night. The first happened just after 8 PM, when the pair allegedly shot a victim. About an hour later, police say the couple robbed and shot a victim. And just 10 minutes later and just blocks away, the pair robbed another person.
The suspects were captured after police released a photo of the woman using a debit card that was taken from one of the victims.
A St. Louis man is headed to prison for the rest of his life for murdering a newspaper manager.
Rico Paul was given the sentence for shooting and killing Paul Reiter, the manager of the St. Louis American. Reiter was shot as he was calling 911 to report a burglary that Paul was committing.
A jury found Paul guilty in his second trial--the first ended in a mistrial when jurors were unable to reach a verdict.
WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. officials say a draft Defense Department audit criticizes one of the Navy's security review programs for lower level contractors. But that process was not the one used to evaluate the former reservist who gunned down 12 people Monday at the Washington Navy Yard.
Aaron Alexis, the 34-year-old information technology contractor involved in the shooting rampage, had a secret security clearance for his job. He went through a different, more extensive review.
The Defense Department Inspector General found that a separate system used to review some contractors did not properly vet the workers. That program is generally for contractors who don't have security clearances.
Officials described the audit on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss a draft report. He was granted the clearance in March 2008.