COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) - A medical examiner says an 18-year-old Illinois man found dead in a University of Missouri dormitory room in October died from natural causes.
Boone County Chief Medical Examiner Carl Stacy says Gregory G. Holthaus, of Highland, Ill., died from sudden cardiac arrest caused by an enlarged heart.
The Columbia Daily Tribune reported Holthaus was found dead Oct. 13 in the Pershing group of residence halls in Columbia. He was visiting a friend who was a Missouri student.
Stacy's report was released to the Tribune late Friday. It says no medications or drugs, and only a small amount of alcohol, was found in Holthaus' system.
The report said Holthaus woke up, took a shower and ate Oct. 13, and a friend found him dead about three hours later.
Published in Local News
- Feds seek 10-year term for TV pitchman Trudeau
- Ferguson-Florissant School Board to decide fate of Superintendent McCoy
- Police seek suspect in University City shooting
- St. Louis Aldermen to take part in meeting discussing legalization of cannabis
- Illinois officials investigating killing of more than 30 ducks