Fire investigators are trying to determine if portable space heaters played a roll in an overnight fire that killed a 14 month old child.
Fire crews were called to the home at North 25th Street and Angelica in north St. Louis about 2:00 a.m.
Firefighters rescued three adults from the burning home, but the child had already died when they found him.
Fire Chief Jenkerson told Fox 2 News that the building had no heat, and several space heaters were in use.
The adults pulled from the building were taken to a hospital. Their conditions aren't known.