Have you a sex problem? Please visit our site:fesmag.com/medic
Alton Fire Chief Rich Mersinger says a Bethalto man was burned on his face and heads when a cigarette he was smoking ignited his oxygen tank.
The (Alton) Telegraph reports the man, described only as in his mid-50s, was injured Wednesday.
Mersinger says the victim appeared to have suffered first- and second-degree burns.
The man was treated at the scene before being taken to an Alton hospital. His medical status is not immediately clear.
Mersinger considers the case a reminder that people should refrain from smoking when they're using oxygen or are indoors where it's in use. He says oxygen is a fire hazard.
KFVS-TV reports that John Yount of Sikeston died Tuesday. A relative told police that Yount had frequently fallen asleep while smoking and apparently caught himself on fire while smoking a cigar.
Sikeston police arrived at Yount's home to find him with severe burns. He was taken to a hospital in Cape Girardeau, then transferred to St. Louis, where he died later Tuesday