Have you a sex problem? Please visit our site:fesmag.com/medic
Residents of a St. Ann apartment building damaged after a small fire last Friday are still waiting to go home. More than 160 seniors and disabled people were evacuated from the Santa Ana apartments after a cooking fire on the 10th floor caused the sprinklers to activate, flooding the high rise.
Residents had hoped to return home Tuesday, but it's taking longer for restoration crews to dry out the building than originally expected.
City and fire officials must also conduct a "walk through" before giving the all clear. That could happen on Wednesday.
The drying out process is still underway at a St. Ann apartment building damaged when a kitchen fire Friday morning set off the sprinklers. The building was temporarily condemned after water from the 10th floor fire soaked all of the lower floors.
The American Red Cross continues to assist the 161 displaced residents. More than 100 are calling the Super 8 Motel in St. Ann home for now.
Many Santa Ana residents were disheartened Sunday when they learned it would be at least Tuesday before they can return home to see what the water did to their personal belongings.
The blaze in the 11,000 block of Oak Forest Parkway Drive began a little before 2:30 Thursday morning.
At one point, flames could be seen shooting through the roof.
At least one resident and a firefighter have been injured. Both were taken to a hospital for treatment.
Dozens of people have been displaced from their homes.Witnesses tell Fox 2 news a man living on the second floor was shouting fire and that he'd fallen asleep while smoking a cigarette. Firefighters have not confirmed that as a cause.
The 3949 Lindell Apartments had housed about 250 professionals and SLU graduate students when it burned. It had taken more than 160 of firefighters from the city and county to put it out.
After seven months, the first phase of the rebuilding is complete. Units in back part of the complex are now ready for renters.
Construction on the front half of the complex, where the fire started, should be finished by August.
The cause of the blaze has never been determined.
The 3949 apartment building has set up a Facebook page to keep the community updated on the status of the building.