Click for St. Louis, Missouri Forecast

// a href = ./ // St Louis News, Weather, Sports, The Big 550 AM, St Louis Traffic, Breaking News in St Louis

 
 
 
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Missouri Supreme Court says the Archdiocese of St. Louis must release the names of  church employees accused of sexual abuse over the past 20 years.
 
The Wednesday ruling upholds a St. Louis judge's earlier decision. The names will be released only to an unnamed woman suing the diocese and her attorneys, not to the general public.
 
The archdiocese subsequently released a list of 240 complaints made against 115 priests and other employees since 1986. A court order keeps the names sealed to the public.
 
The lawsuit was filed in 2011 by a 19-year--old woman who claimed the abuse began when she was 5 years old and attended St. Cronan's parish.
 
The priest had been convicted of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old boy at a parish in University City decades earlier.
Published in Local News

A St. Louis priest accused of molesting a teen, is no longer facing charges.

Father Joseph Jiang had pleaded not guilty to a child endangerment charge before the case was dismissed today. A lawsuit filed on behalf of the victim's family is still active. The family claims that Archbishop Robert Carlson did nothing to stop the abuse.

The Survivors Network of these Abused by Priests released saying they are disappointed. They are now asking for anyone who may have seen or suffered abuse by Father Jiang or others, step forward.

Published in Local News

Members of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, or SNAP, are gathering outside the Cathedral Basilica today.

The gathering comes a week before Archbishop Robert Carlson is expected to give testimony in a criminal case. Carlson is one of two basilica officials subpoenaed in the case. Prosecutors allege that a fromer associate pastor of the Cathedral Basilica fondled a teenage girl in 2012.

SNAP officials believe this is the first time Carlson has been subpoenaed in a criminal case.

Published in Local News

The parents of a young man who committed suicide four years ago want to hold the St. Louis Archdiocese accountable, so they're suing.

KTRS' Vicki Pimentel report the lawsuit claims an alleged sexual assault of the then 13 year old boy at a seminary camp led to a deep depression and ultimately his suicide at age 21.

The suit names the Archdiocese, Archbishop Robert Carlson and defrocked priest Bryan Kuchar as defendants. David Clohessy of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests says the Archdiocese has protected priests like Kuchar for too long. "We think it's irresponsible of church officials to recruit, educate, ordain, hire, train, transfer, shield and protect predator priests and then suddenly cut them loose when the legal and public relations heat becomes too hot."

Kuchar has been at the center of investigations before. He was convicted in 2003 of second degree sodomy of a 14 year old boy.  

Published in Local News

Latest News

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
Prev Next
Air Force staffer admits to targeting sex offenders with pipe bombs

Air Force staffer admits to targeting sex offenders wit…

EAST ST. LOUIS, IL (AP) – An Air Force staffer stationed in Illinois has admitted he possessed pipe bombs that officials say he planned to unleash on local sex offenders. &n...

Man charged in connection to mother's murder

Man charged in connection to mother's murder

St. Louis, MO (KTRS) - A St. Louis man is facing first-degree murder charges in his mother's death.   Prosecutors allege that Courtney Cunningham allegedly shot his...

Missouri lawmakers mull change to helmet law

Missouri lawmakers mull change to helmet law

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - The Missouri House has endorsed a bill that would allow motorcyclists over the age of 21 to forgo wearing helmets while travelling on the road. &n...

House approves change to Missouri primary dates

House approves change to Missouri primary dates

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - The Missouri House gave initial approval to legislation that would move the state's primary elections to June.   Party primaries for Cong...

One dead after shooting in Washington Park, Illinois

WASHINGTON PARK, Ill. (AP) - Illinois State Police are helping investigate a suspected drive-by shooting death of a 19-year-old man in southwestern Illinois' Washington Park. ...

Three gyms robbed within minutes of one another

St. Louis, MO (KTRS) - A spate of break-ins targeted south city gyms this morning.   Fox2 reports thieves hit at least three different gyms in less than a half an h...

UPDATE: Missing Belleville boy found safe

UPDATE: Missing Belleville boy found safe

St. Louis, MO (KTRS) - UPDATE: Good news for a Belleville father, his 11-year-old son has been found safe.   A SARAA Alert was issued Wednesday morning for DeA...

© 2013 KTRS All Rights Reserved