The Blue Angels are coming to St. Louis next year as part of Navy Week.
The Gateway City will host one of six Navy Weeks in 2014. The events ring from April 28 to May 4, 2014. Among the planned events, an air show with the Blue Angels--who are returning to St. Louis for the first time since 2010-- a demonstration by the Leap Frogs--the Navy Parachute team, and visits to several area schools.
Navy Week is a community outreach program for cities without a significant Navy presence. Other cities selected to host a 2014 Navy Week include Dallas/Fort Worth, Pittsburgh, Omaha, Neb., Mobile, Ala. and Baltimore.
- "Blue Angels," The Navy Flight Demonstration Team
- "Leap Frogs," The Navy Parachute Team
- Navy Divers and or Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal teams
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the world
- Navy Band musical performances
- Admirals and other senior Navy leaders, who will engage with local corporate, civic, government and education leaders
- Navy simulator(s) and other interactive displays
- Visits to area schools
- Community service projects and events with local sports franchises
- Visits with local veterans